[SOLVED] Volume Group not showing in add LVM

cmulcahy

Dec 18, 2019
I have a two node PVE cluster. I added some SSDs to one node just fine with pvcreate, lgcreate then added the LVM in the web GUI. My second node isn't quite working. The pvcreate and lgcreate are fine.
root@pve1:~# vgscan Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while... Found volume group "ssd3" using metadata type lvm2 Found volume group "pve" using metadata type lvm2

But the web GUI doesn't list the Volume Group ssd3 as an option. Any suggestions?

Edit: I followed this guide https://www.hostfav.com/blog/index.php/2017/02/01/add-a-new-physical-hard-drive-to-proxmox-ve-4x-5x/
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,
are you connected to the Web GUI exposed by the pve1 node? When adding a new LVM storage, the Web GUI will only show the volume groups for the local node.

EDIT: There's a patch being worked on to allow selecting which node is scanned for available storages.

Last edited:
Reactions: pumapumapumas

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!