VNC viewer problem

M

mikhmv

Hi,
I have some problem with VNC viewer.
If I open VNC viewer for fully virtualized machine from local network (like from notebook with IP 192.168.2.100) I can see only part of screen. If I use same notebook from external network (like 71.43......) I can see all screen. Same problem exist for guest WindowsXP and Linux Ubuntu 8.04 (under KVM, not under OpenVZ). From other computers absolutely same situation.

Can anybody help me? I have not any idea what is reason for this.

Thanks

Hi,
I have some problem with VNC viewer.
If I open VNC viewer for fully virtualized machine from local network (like from notebook with IP 192.168.2.100) I can see only part of screen. If I use same notebook from external network (like 71.43......) I can see all screen. Same problem exist for guest WindowsXP and Linux Ubuntu 8.04 (under KVM, not under OpenVZ). From other computers absolutely same situation.

Can anybody help me? I have not any idea what is reason for this.

Thanks

can you provide a screenshot?

• what OS do you run on your desktop?
  • browser?
  • latest sun-java6-plugin (update12) version?

Hi, Tom:

OS: Notebook Ubuntu Jaunty and Windows XP x32 (from external network), Windows Vista x32 (internal network)
Browser: on all Firefox 3.06
plugin: latest sun-java6-plugin (update12) version x32, except Jaunty (java x64).

Screenshot, I can provide later.

Sorry. I checked again from computer with winXP x32 and sun-java x32. Everything work good.
Look like error exist only for java x64.
But very interesting that same notebook (with java x64) show picture correctly if connected not from local network.

can get vnc client from vista firefox

hi all,

i install proxmox yesterday and i really new in this.

i try to view my running VM from vista machine in firefox. but the vnc console not appear and cant see VM.

nothing appear on the vnc page. just blank page. Then i used IE but the same problem occur but with certificate error msg.

help me,

-saufy
kuala lumpur

hi all,

i install proxmox yesterday and i really new in this.

i try to view my running VM from vista machine in firefox. but the vnc console not appear and cant see VM.

nothing appear on the vnc page. just blank page. Then i used IE but the same problem occur but with certificate error msg.

help me,

-saufy
kuala lumpur

install the latest (6 update 12) java plugin (from http://java.com)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!