VNC access for third parties

falves1

Jan 11, 2009
I need to send a link for VNC console access to a VM, to a third party who does not need to login into Proxmox. How can I do that? I tried the obvious, copy and paste the console link for a VM, but of course it says "no ticket found". I don't want the third party to login to Proxmox.

this is currently not possible via the api, every vnc connection also has to be authenticated against pve
what you could do is setup a proxy for only the vnc connections which handles authentication on the pve side

I installed a third party software on the virtual machine, anydesk, and it works, but I found that the resolution is only 800x600. How do I change to something useful?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!