VMs shutting down unexpectedly

kblknight

Jun 3, 2020
Hi Everyone,

my VM (Win-Server 2022) is shutting down unexprectdly and i have to turn it on and after 1-2 days it happens again and again.

i saw somewhere that Windows is not activated that is why it shutdown itself automaticly. (Windows is activated)

will be happy to know if someone can help.

Regards
Knight

Hi,

Have you checked the Events log?
Hi,

yes, it think i found the problem, it is not the Proxmox, other than Windows Server itself. error 41 critic under the events log. :|

thanks for the reply. i will let this post open, if i find a way to solve it so i can post it here, it might be useful for others.

Regards
Knight.

Reactions: Moayad
Hello,

I have same problem and i cant resolve it.

There is no log on Proxmox showing a qmstop command...

On windows server the error 41 is just saying windows stoped unexpectedly.
"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

I think proxmox is stoping VM but i dont know why.

I have multiple VM's on proxmox and only the Windows VM crash randomly (not always same VM's).

I dont have problem with Linux VM's.

Which PVE Version?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!