VM Ubuntu start on console but not on server screen.

bugs

May 6, 2023
Hello,

I have a proxmos 7.4 running on an iMac. I'm connected to web GUI from another computer and I've created a ubuntu VM.

I can start the ubuntu vm and I see it on the console but not on the server screen. I think I miss something.

Could you help me ?

Thank you.
Bugs

I mean I believed it was possible to start the VM out of the console and to switch between all the VM using a keyboard shortcut like Alt + Something.

But may be this possibility doesn't exist.

Does someone know about this ?

I mean I believed it was possible to start the VM out of the console and to switch between all the VM using a keyboard shortcut like Alt + Something.

But may be this possibility doesn't exist.
Proxmox is intended for enterprises with headless servers and to be used and managed remotely. However, since it is build on top of Debian GNU/Linux and KVM, you can install a graphics desktop environment. It might be possible to setup what you want, but you'll have to do it yourself or using guides from others who did a similar thing.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!