[SOLVED] VM Firewall didn't working after install qemu-guest-agent on vm

Jun 20, 2023
Hi,

I have a strange case. I had set firewall on VM level, and the rule on firewall running well as I want.
But after install qemu-agent-guest and enable qemu-agent. The firewall rule didn't running well like before install qemu-agent-guest.

I work with pve 7.4-13

Thanks

Hi,

I have a strange case. I had set firewall on VM level, and the rule on firewall running well as I want.
But after install qemu-agent-guest and enable qemu-agent. The firewall rule didn't running well like before install qemu-agent-guest.

I work with pve 7.4-13

Thanks
They are really 0 relation between agent && firewall.
can you send content of /etc/pve/qemu-server/<vmid>.conf ?

Hi,

Yeah, at first i also think like you. Because i try to simulate on my other cluster that run on proxmox 7.4.3. The firewall running well when the vm installed qemu-guest-agent.
Thanks for response my case, unfortunelay, the vm already destroyed and rebuild again with last backup, and firewall running well (without qemu-guest-agent), because it was production vm.
I will try again with other development vm..

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!