VM display to HDMI

firecard

Dec 2, 2020
I have a physical hardware PC, it has 3 HDMI output.I would like to install 3 virtual machine and 2 VM to display at HDMIs.

If the GPU is PCIe type, I do find some information on how to set this up.

But since I am using iGPU by Intel, I couldn't find any information. I hope someone can help me.

It‘s a little bit complicated to passthrough iGPUs. Beside that you can passthrough one GPU only once, not twice.

Reactions: leesteken
If you want to share an Intel integrated graphics with more than one VM at the same time, you need to use mediated passthrough: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/PCI(e)_Passthrough#_mediated_devices_vgpu_gvt_g But that does not support display output like HDMI unfortunately.

EDIT: It you want to pass through the iGPU to one VM at a time, then search this forum for the model/name of the iGPU that you have for threads about success and about issues or impossibilities.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!