vm / container no internet

zustudios

Renowned Member
Dec 13, 2015
Hi, Im new to proxmox and I'm trying to setup my network. My host computer is in dmz in my router. How do I get Internet access to my vm / container? And how do I set up nat? vmbr0 has no internet.

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
# The primary network interface

allow-hotplug eth0

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.X.XXX
netmask 255.255.XXX.X
gateway 192.168.X.X
broadcast 192.168.X.XXX
network 192.168.X.X
bridge_ports eth0
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet manual
bridge_ports eth1
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

auto vmbr2
iface vmbr2 inet manual
bridge_ports eth2
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

auto vmbr3
iface vmbr3 inet manual
bridge_ports eth3
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

auto vmbr4
iface vmbr4 inet manual
bridge_ports eth4
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

(proxmox + debian8) > vm(debian 8) > ispconfig 3 (web server open to the public)

I simply want to service my web hosting company through proxmox. I need to know how to open all ports needed for my server. I already installed ispconfig 3 ( http://www.ispconfig.org/ ) but I can't ssh or ftp into the vm or go to https://server ip:8080. I only have one public ip. one nic so I don't know if I can create a network. I have the vm set to vmbr0 with internet.I can't access my vm from another computer.Do I have to port fwd.My host computer is in the dmz.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!