VLAN / OVH VRack with tagged interface + HA Cluster

flosoft

Jul 6, 2008
Hi,

has anyone tried to setup Proxmox on the OVH Vrack in order for it to support the following 2 things:
  • Cluster + HA
  • OpenVZ venet VMs working with Public IPs

I have the following notes that work under 1.9, but will this allow for the HA Cluster to work as well?

Notes for 1.9: http://friendpaste.com/1k84pp4p8Qt0UUDJOlJ41O

Hello,

This is my original setup. I just tried PVE 2.0 yesterday night, and this setup still works.
But I have some additional lines in my conf now:

in iface eth0.2555 inet static add :

pre-up iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/16 ! -d 192.168.0.0/16 -j MASQUERADE
post-down iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/16 ! -d 192.168.0.0/16 -j MASQUERADE

note that the iptables "!" has changed.

Regards,

xav

right, awesome!

I guess 2 more questions:
How about normal cluster?
Did you ever get IPv6 from the VRack to work?

Is there any way to make it work without eth0.2555:0, as this requires one IP per IP block for the host, which is annoying if you have several hosts and only small IP ranges.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!