Viruses

I have one of our executives who is receiving an email that they swear does not have a virus yet I keep getting the virus message from clamav.

Virus Info: Phishing.Heuristics.Email.SpoofedDomain

I told them maybe something wrong with the domain, so they then tried to send the word document attachment from their aol account and I got the same virus message.

So Im trying to find out what virus this is, as well as see if I can retrieve it or something to find out the exact problem.

Thanks

clamav has some heuristics to detect phishing messages. I don't have access to your mail, but maybe it's just a false positive.

I guess we should consider adding a flag to disable those test on the web interface.

- Dietmar

I have one of our executives who is receiving an email that they swear does not have a virus yet I keep getting the virus message from clamav.

Virus Info: Phishing.Heuristics.Email.SpoofedDomain

I told them maybe something wrong with the domain, so they then tried to send the word document attachment from their aol account and I got the same virus message.

So Im trying to find out what virus this is, as well as see if I can retrieve it or something to find out the exact problem.

Thanks

do you got the email in the proxmox virus quarantine?

We had the user resend it and received it. I dont think its set to goto quarantine, I get the message but I suppose I could go find that feature. The user did not get an email notice with that message (like the spam ones)

I just figured it got deleted automatically, good idea, maybe I will let them quarantine and manually check them before I just let mail pass through.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!