virtualizing bsd-based systems: interrupt storm detected on "irq9"

torty77

Dec 23, 2012
Hi,
i want to build a bsd-based vm on my proxmox host (HP N40L with AMD Turion II DualCore CPU). In my case, i tried to install freenas 8.3 and pfsense 2.0.2 in the 32- and 64-bit variants.
While the vm boots, the console getting flooded with: interrupt storm detected on "irq9".
I tried to change the virtualized Hardware (HDDs and NICs). But the message still appears.
I finally tried to disable ACPI at the vm and choosed the ACPI-disabled startup within the boot-loader. But when I do this, the VM hangs at startup.
Now, i don't know how to move on.

If i virtualize these bsd-based systems with KVM on my Laptop, erverything works fine.

Can you tell me how to fix it?

Regards Thorsten

Hi, I have the same problem and I updated and rebooted pfsense Proxmox
Do you have a solution?

thank you

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!