VirGL and Windows RDP

cpzengel

Renowned Member
Nov 12, 2015
Aschaffenburg, Germany
zfs.rocks
Hi Guys,

• Further improvements have been added to virtual machines (KVM/QEMU); one to highlight is support for the accelerated virtio-gl (VirGL) display driver. For VirtIO and VirGL display types, SPICE is enabled by default. In modern Linux distributions, changing the graphics card to VirGL can significantly increase frames per second (FPS). For Proxmox containers (LXC), many templates have also been refreshed or newly added, such as the NixOS container template.
So how to get started after installing the mentioned two Packages libgl1 libegl1?

How do I select the PCI GPU while the onboard Adapter of the Server is present?
How will Windows benefit from the VirGL Driver?
Can I accelerate RDP Sessions?

Cheers Chriz

Hi Guys,

• Further improvements have been added to virtual machines (KVM/QEMU); one to highlight is support for the accelerated virtio-gl (VirGL) display driver. For VirtIO and VirGL display types, SPICE is enabled by default. In modern Linux distributions, changing the graphics card to VirGL can significantly increase frames per second (FPS). For Proxmox containers (LXC), many templates have also been refreshed or newly added, such as the NixOS container template.
So how to get started after installing the mentioned two Packages libgl1 libegl1?

How do I select the PCI GPU while the onboard Adapter of the Server is present?
How will Windows benefit from the VirGL Driver?
Can I accelerate RDP Sessions?

Cheers Chriz
Just had a quick research when this feature was added and it looked like only Linux guests would be supported and there only was an experimental Windows driver and work on that was dropped a long time ago.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!