very slow sql request on promox

chrisimm

May 21, 2019
Hi,

We are starting a migration between VMware and promox, however we have noticed that some sql requests on mariadb took up to 2 seconds longer than VMware.

We did more in-depth tests, for the same newly installed VM either on vmware or on promox, with the same database, on the same physical server with the same configuration, a request can take more than 2.5 seconds to promox while it only takes 0.3 seconds on vmware.

I initially incriminated the management of the cache but the disks but after having tested with a base mounted in a tmpfs I have the same result, I go more towards a problem related to the tuning of the VM processor (teset with kvm64 and hosts, same result).

Do you have an idea or possibly a track that would help me continue my switch?

Regards

If you already set your CPU to "host", you can use EXPLAIN SQL statement to see in detail what parts take more time one PM 6.*
Then you can continue to investigate in that direction.

Reactions: guletz

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!