Using RDX drives to backup all of proxmox

deldran

Apr 19, 2016
So I am new to proxmox and I am trying to setup an RDX drive to be the backup for all of proxmox.

I followed the storage wiki and created the storage in proxmox, here is the link to what i followed. I created it as an LVM type

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage_Model

So now when i try and set it up under backup, i do not see the rdx storage group I created. I see it under the storage tab, also i tried to upload an ISO to it, and it did not complete.

Can anyone point me to some articles or something for this, or if anyone has some insights it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Set it as plain directory type, you just need a file system where Proxmox can write the backup files, not an LVM storage where create VMs disk volumes.
So partition your RDX, format that partition, mount under /mnt/whatever and use that path form backup storage. Of course you will have (probably) troubles if you change/eject RDX without unmounting it first, but this is another story ;P

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!