User side spam management

peterwynne

Jul 5, 2008
we have a few customers that get a lot of marketing crap that they want to get rid of. they get about 12 e-mails per day that they have to manually blacklist..

Is there any plans or options available to make it easier & more user friendly to allow the user to get e-mails blacklisted.

A lot of other systems have outloot plugins - or pickup mailboxes that spam can be sent through to.

Many thanks!

Peter.

no plans like this, normally no manual blacklisting is needed. do a deeper analysis of these marketing emails - we try to block spam and viruses, marketing emails are not definitly spam in this definition.

There is no any plan like stopping the marketing mails only we can stop viruses.

Most spam solutions I have seen have some kind of retraining application. spamassassin has sa-learn and dspam has such too.

the mail gateway uses this technologies - what is the question?

I think we are not using 'retraining' the same way. A message got classified as spam wrongly (or I think it should have been spam.) To me, retraining means I can give the message in question back to the spam system with a correction as to which class it actually is in.

I think we are not using 'retraining' the same way. A message got classified as spam wrongly (or I think it should have been spam.) To me, retraining means I can give the message in question back to the spam system with a correction as to which class it actually is in.

yes, we follow another way, no (minimal) user interaction - the goal is to minimize the time of spam handling for the end user.

how much time does it take to delete a message? how long does it take to manual train? based on these considerations we decided to go this way.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!