[SOLVED] Use same hard drive for Proxmox and data partition

Ben_M

Nov 12, 2018
Hi,

I have Proxmox VE installed on a ZOTAC CI327 with a 1 TB Samsung SSD. I assigned 80 GB to Proxmox, and left the rest. Then, I used a GParted Live USB drive to create a partition for the remaining 851.5GB (ext4).

The structure looks as follows:
Code:
root@pve:~# lsblk
NAME               MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda                  8:0    0 931.5G  0 disk
├─sda1               8:1    0     1M  0 part
├─sda2               8:2    0   256M  0 part /boot/efi
├─sda3               8:3    0  79.8G  0 part
│ ├─pve-swap       253:0    0     8G  0 lvm  [SWAP]
│ ├─pve-root       253:1    0  19.8G  0 lvm  /
│ ├─pve-data_tmeta 253:2    0     1G  0 lvm
│ │ └─pve-data     253:4    0  40.1G  0 lvm
│ └─pve-data_tdata 253:3    0  40.1G  0 lvm
│   └─pve-data     253:4    0  40.1G  0 lvm
└─sda4               8:4    0 851.5G  0 part

Now I would like to add sda4 (with 851.5G) to Proxmox, so that I can use it as storage for/from VMs and Containers. I really tried hard (checked all options, searched this forum, the documentation, Google, etc.) but was not able to add it to Proxmox.
Can you please give me a hint?

Thanks,
Ben

Hi Ben,

Hope you are still reading this forum :)

I ma buying a machine as a dev server, and was considering to install Linux and Virtualbox. But since I discovered about Proxmox, it looks like a good idea to use that instead.
My new machine with have lots of ram (64Gb),and I was considering to add one large disk of 2Tb.
From your message I understand that Proxmox can be installed on a single disk system?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!