usb security implementation

frankz

Nov 16, 2020
Hello everybody . I've recently been using proxmox backup server which I'm really happy with, so congratulations to the developers! I was wondering if in the future there will be the possibility of implementing an external usb disk that could be used to copy the same backups to have a copy outside the CED.

there is the possibility to have a second pbs instance pull datastores over the network, this way you can have an offsite backup

you can also copy the content of a datastore to a usb disk, e.g. with rsync

there is the possibility to have a second pbs instance pull datastores over the network, this way you can have an offsite backup

you can also copy the content of a datastore to a usb disk, e.g. with rsync
Thanks for the reply . Being a simple and intuitive product, it might be a suggestion to implement this option, clearly it's a suggestion. However I am satisfied with the functioning of the PBS.

In near future, you will see tape backup support for off-site archives.

(USB disks are not really suitable to long term backup archives.)

Reactions: frankz
You can setup a remote called localhost and sync your pool on the usb stick via this remote. Not intuitive indeed, and I wish there would a gui integration for that. I think, I have read that this will maybe be implemented in the future.

Maybe you are interested in this related post:
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/solved-re-add-datastore-to-pbs.79329/
Grazie per la risposta. Mi chiedo se quel comando o script possa essere implementato nel menu generale dell'interfaccia gui

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!