USB redirect not working intermittent

yabbah

Oct 15, 2019
Hi, I have a usb forward for a Conbee II usb-stick to my ubuntu VM in proxmox 6.0.4, it works 95% of the time, but all of a sudden the stick is totally gone. Both from the VM and from the host when I check `lsusb` or `usb-devices`. I have tried different usb-ports during the time, but same thing happens. Anyone have any idea about that?

in `dmesg` I see errors like this when it tries to find my stick I believe:
[600494.934873] usb 3-11: new full-speed USB device number 77 using xhci_hcd
[600500.106962] usb 3-11: unable to read config index 0 descriptor/all
[600500.106972] usb 3-11: can't read configurations, error -110

Could a upgrade of proxmox help do you think? Is it safe to upgrade, I have never did it and is kinda new to proxmox after all.

Kind regards

Okey, just a littla scared about updating when proxmox itself work as a charm. I dont have a licence, can I upgrade anyway?

Proxmox has no commercial license.
All Proxmox Software uses AGPLv3[1] which is a free, copyleft license for software.
We offer support that has nothing to do with licensing.

Read the links I sent you in the first post.

1.) https://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.en.html

@yabbah I also have the conbee 2 stick and had the same thing happen here, did you find a solution? I just updated to 6.2-6, lets see if this changes something.

Last edited:
@yabbah I also have the conbee 2 stick and had the same thing happen here, did you find a solution? I just updated to 6.2-6, lets see if this changes something.
Did it changed anything? Was the upgrade procedure easy and worked well?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!