[Urgent] LXC backup (zfsvols) are corrupt !!!

hregis

Feb 11, 2011
France
www.inodbox.com
Hello

all LXC backup (in ZFS) are corrupt !! i try all methods (snapshots, suspend, stop - no compress, LZO, GZIP)

after restore my LXC backup, all logs in "/var/log" of VM have disappeared and some services do not start (mysql, apache, etc ...)

i check the content of tar.lzo backup and the /var/log is empty !!

it's getting worse Proxmox 4 !!!
we can not trust the backups ??????

system reports is in attach-files

Thank you

Attachments

• ns321101-report-Sam-02-Avril-2016-11-17.txt
    66.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I can confirm this bug.
All my lxc backups exculdes /var/log.
It happens on a node with zfsvols storage and a node with the default local lvm storage too
I tried to put "stdexcludes: 0" in vzdump.conf, but not helped.

If I run vzdump manually in the console with "-stdexcludes 0" parameter, then the log directories are saved succesfully.
I found in the vzdump manual that the default value of the stdexcludes parameter is 1. I think it is wrong, it should be 0.
For some reason the "stdexcludes: 0" in vzdump.conf is ignored.
So I think Proxmox should append "-stdexcludes 0" to the parameters of vzdump to save lxc containers with the /var/log directories.

This was already reported as bug #926 and is fixed in pve-manager >= 4.1-24. As a workaround until that version is available in pve-nosubscription/pve-enterprise you can edit cron jobs / command line parameters to include "-stdexcludes 0".

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!