Upgrade 6 to 7 - nic names changed - no network working

Hello
I've got a 4 hosts cluster (3 with exactly the same hardware, and 1 with another).
I've launched an upgrade on one of my host a few hours ago (1 of the 3 same).
No problem during the upgrade.
At reboot, no network.
I found that my nic names have changed (for a part of them).
After looking after who became who using "udevadm info /sys/class/net/" on a same running host and on the upgraded host, I found that several of my nics have changed like this :
eno1 -> eno1 (no change)
eno2 -> eno2 (no change)
enp196s0f0 -> enp196s0f0 (no change)
enp196s0f1 -> enp196s0f1 (no change)
ens1f0 -> enp2s0f0
ens1f1 -> enp2s0f1
ens3f0 -> enp65s0f0
ens3f1 -> enp65s0f1

I update my "/etc/network/interfaces" file according to this new names and reboot.
No more network at all ...
Networking service seems to work when I ask "systemctl status networking", it answers "active (exited)".

Can you help me ?

Regards

In my cluster, we both have bridges, bonds, vlans, iscsi, multipaths iscsi ...
This is not a good news that networking breaks upgrading 6 to 7.
Moreover it seems that something tells somewhere that enp196s0f0=enp196s0f0 when networking starts (show in the status at starting) ...
Maybe somewhere, you can assign new names to old ones in order not to modify your interfaces file (something in the beginnning of the interfaces file that would assign new names to old names : ens1f1=enp2s0f1).
Do you know something about this kind of things ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!