[SOLVED] Update SpamAssassin Custom Rules and Apply Them

teward

Feb 12, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Not sure if it's a bug or a case of user error, however if I apply changes to my SpamAssassin rules, I don't have a mechanism to 'live update' the rules with the new Customized SA rules.

The headache I run into with this is several custom patterns have been added live, and I've had no way to get the rules to update themselves automatically; I've had to reboot the entire gateway to get the 'new' rules to apply. Fortunately, the bootup process is extremely fast, but that doesn't stop me from having to reboot the gateway.

Is there a way to update the SpamAssassin ruleset that's loaded live without a system reboot from the command line? I didn't see one and I didn't see a thread with an answer here so far, or in Googled documentation, so I'm looking for an answer on how to do this without needing to restart the whole mail gateway and delay mail for multiple domains.

Not sure if it's a bug or a case of user error, however if I apply changes to my SpamAssassin rules, I don't have a mechanism to 'live update' the rules with the new Customized SA rules.

The headache I run into with this is several custom patterns have been added live, and I've had no way to get the rules to update themselves automatically; I've had to reboot the entire gateway to get the 'new' rules to apply. Fortunately, the bootup process is extremely fast, but that doesn't stop me from having to reboot the gateway.

Is there a way to update the SpamAssassin ruleset that's loaded live without a system reboot from the command line? I didn't see one and I didn't see a thread with an answer here so far, or in Googled documentation, so I'm looking for an answer on how to do this without needing to restart the whole mail gateway and delay mail for multiple domains.

SpamAssassin runs embedded in pmg-smtp-filter so, in order to refresh spamassassin conf you need to restart this service. Do a 'systemctl restart pmg-smtp-filter' and you should be fine.

Reactions: heutger

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!