[SOLVED] update 6 to 7

Robson Rissato

Aug 15, 2018
after update server restarted and I no longer have network

Does anyone have any idea what I can do?

I have machine access via kvm

Code:
Known Issues

Network: Due to the updated systemd version, and for most upgrades, the newer kernel version (5.4 to 5.11), some network interfaces might change upon reboot:
Some may change their name. For example, due to newly supported functions, a change from enp33s0f0 to enp33s0f0np0 could occur.
We observed such changes with high-speed Mellanox models.

have a look for the network devices, if the names changeg...

Code:
Known Issues

Network: Due to the updated systemd version, and for most upgrades, the newer kernel version (5.4 to 5.11), some network interfaces might change upon reboot:
Some may change their name. For example, due to newly supported functions, a change from enp33s0f0 to enp33s0f0np0 could occur.
We observed such changes with high-speed Mellanox models.

have a look for the network devices, if the names changeg...
Unable to get my server back after update

I'm still looking for the solution... whoever has any information to help

After I upgraded my cluster from 6 to 7 I did not have any network connectivity. what ended up fixing the issues was logging into each node and running the following command

systemctl enable networking; reboot

After that, the node rebooted and came back online and everything was working again. Not sure why the networking stack got disabled during the update. This is on a 5 node cluster with multiple NICs with and without bonds that was using ifupdown2 before the upgrade.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!