unfound junk mails

Amy

Feb 5, 2020
Hello,
We have configured a mail to be send every day from the mail gateway, in the mail I can see a big number of junk mails but when I see on the tracking center of the mail gateway I can't see all the mails. Is there an other place to search on?
Thanks in advance.

Ps: bellow an example of the email send.

Incoming Mails (24 hours)
Incoming Mails464
Junk Mails (93.32%)433
Spam Mails (0.00%)0
SPF rejects (0.00%)0
Bounces (0.00%)0
Virus Mails (0.00%)0
Mail Traffic15.652 MByte

Seems no one understood your problem.

The message tracking center does not show emails, it show just email logs.

Reactions: Amy
Hello,
We have configured a mail to be send every day from the mail gateway, in the mail I can see a big number of junk mails but when I see on the tracking center of the mail gateway I can't see all the mails. Is there an other place to search on?
Thanks in advance.

Ps: bellow an example of the email send.

Incoming Mails (24 hours)
Incoming Mails464
Junk Mails (93.32%)433
Spam Mails (0.00%)0
SPF rejects (0.00%)0
Bounces (0.00%)0
Virus Mails (0.00%)0
Mail Traffic15.652 MByte

Junk mails are such one, which postfix rejects. However, I also recognized, that you don't see all postfix rejects in tracking center. E.g. retries, wich post screen directly rejects don't show up in the tracking center.

Seems no one understood your problem.

The message tracking center does not show emails, it show just email logs.

I reexplain my self, so as you can see in (capt-1) in the statistics mail we can see a huge number of junk mails, but when we want to have more information we go to the tracking center (capt-2) we didn't find all emails details.
the question is: where I can have the informations of th sender and the receiver of those emails.

thanks for your answer.

capt-1.PNG

capt-2.PNG

I believe, Proxmox team need to verify, but I believe, the count above (first screenshot) contains all rejects from mail.log/syslog (e.g. also hangups from postscreen, TLS error rejects (I verified both and can't find any in the tracking center), mostly because they also lack of information, on hangups you just see the IP address, no sender, no recipient, that's the idea of postscreen to really quick reject every "bad guy" before they take your "server load" of a "normal" postfix process) meanwhile all information in the tracking center requires a minimum of log trail, which in minimum are the full log details before postfix rejects the connection (therefor postfix is configured to fetch as much details as possible before rejecting, that you can get information in the tracking center or log, it's a deferred reject setting). So the count will always differ and if you need more details, you need to check mail.log by yourself.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!