[SOLVED] unable to perform apt update

1) i set the ports as "tagged egress members" which means (from what I understood) the port is aware that the device connected has to manage tagging and it uses the vlan table to forward packets to the right port/s (but maybe I'm wrong)
I literally do not know, but some switches behave funnily when it comes to their "native" VLAN and tagging on egress.

I literally do not know, but some switches behave funnily when it comes to their "native" VLAN and tagging on egress.
jeeeeez you were alright!
changed the port to untagged and reconfigured network properly and everything went fine!!! no way!

by the way... it can be the crappy ethernet adapter who is not managing the extra load in the ethernet packet, even if other stuff is working (ssh, gui etc...) ...i'm realizing now

damn it was soooo easy thank you for pointing me to the right path!!!!
i want to go deep into this and i truly believe it's the network card right now!

i confirm it's the ethernet card, i switched port reverting network config and all came back working as expected!
marking this as solved and big, tremendous thanks to @tempacc346235 for helping in this

i confirm it's the ethernet card, i switched port reverting network config and all came back working as expected!
marking this as solved and big, tremendous thanks to @tempacc346235 for helping in this

Glad you got it working! It could have been multiple things, really, but not apt, weird things can happen with MTUs, VLAN tagging, bridging, etc. that only manifest with certain frames. The more in-depth way would have been to e.g. use tshark and capture some of the packets, see what was wrong with them. But sometimes a shot in the dark is faster. Enjoy!

Reactions: dadoblake

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!