[SOLVED] Unable to make a vm

LanassPresh BA

Dec 17, 2022
Hey,
I tried to create a vm but impossible:
TASK ERROR: unable to create VM 100 - activating LV 'pve/data' failed: Use --select vg_uuid=<uuid> in place of the VG name.
My vm will be on openmediavault.
Thank you for helping me

Hi,
do you have a duplicate volume group pve? In that case you need to rename one. What is the output of pvs and vgs?

Hi,
do you have a duplicate volume group pve? In that case you need to rename one. What is the output of pvs and vgs?
i got this : ( i am new in proxmox ve)

WARNING: VG name pve is used by VGs 6PBmj4-uAtx-KOpG-aCPM-sOwx-3Iz4-qKKsec and KW3ZZq-iahc-Buah-1G1B-OX0b-aC33-dEwm66.
Fix duplicate VG names with vgrename uuid, a device filter, or system IDs.
WARNING: Device /dev/sdb3 has size of 32768 sectors which is smaller than corresponding PV size of 467811471 sectors. Was device resized?
WARNING: One or more devices used as PVs in VG pve have changed sizes.
VG #PV #LV #SN Attr VSize VFree
pve 1 3 0 wz--n- <297.09g 15.99g
pve 1 3 0 wz--n- <223.07g <16.00g

What about pvs and lvs? The warning about /dev/sdb3 doesn't sound too nice either, what does lsblk show? You marked the thread as solved, did you find a solution already?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!