Unable to install the boot loader

cronos6

May 9, 2012
Hi,

I'm trying to install proxmox-ve_2.1-f9b0f63a-26.iso on a HP Blade ProLiant BL460c G (dual six-Core Intel Xeon 2,400GHz, 48Go RAM, local storage 500Go (/dev/sda and 3,5TB attached RAID5 storage(/dev/cciss/c0d0)).
No matter I try to install proxmox on /dev/sda or /dev/cciss/c0d0, I've got this installation error at the end : "Unable to install the boot loader". I think there is a bug on the device where grub should be installed. Check out my 2 printscreens.Problem_Proxmox_01.pngProblem_Proxmox_02.png

Is there a way to fix that ? I tried to boot on a livecd/chroot/ install grub by myself but I didn't worked out.

Thanks

thanks for the workaround. At the same time, I'm still looking for testing the bare-metal version, any information is welcome!

thanks for the workaround. At the same time, I'm still looking for testing the bare-metal version, any information is welcome!
Hi,
take sda from your blade and connect the hdd to an normal computer (64bit) without other drives.
Then simply install pve with the install-iso on the disk and after reboot remove the nic-entrys in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules. Shutdown and put the hdd back on your blade.

Should work (perhaps not if the hdd is an sas-drive...).

Udo

I found a similar solution : I've disabled the remote storage, installation went fine

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!