Ubuntu 24.04 container networking problem on Proxmox 8.2.2

mdalacu

May 23, 2024
Hi, i am scratching my head for a day now with a weird problem.
I am very new pro Proxmox 8.2.2 (like a day) so bare with me. :)
I have tried to install ubuntu 24.04 as a container without success (using the latest template 2).
Then i have installed and configured ubuntu 23.10 without a problem. I have updated proxmox to the latest debs using the repo.
I have installed xfce desktop envirorment and xrdp. All was working fine, internet included.
The net is static bridged to the main proxmox adaptor using a different ip.
The i create a snapshot so i can revert to it easily.
I have started the upgrade witch crashed because of snapd (firefox, thunderbird..etc)
I have reverted to the snapshot, uninstalled thunderbird snapd and firefox and i have retried the upgrade to noble.
Everything went fine and it booted ubuntu 24.04.
Now, the weird stuff begins:
I can connect to it on 3389 and login int it without a problem.
If i open a terminal i have internet access..wen using apt, wget, ping etc.

In firefox, chrome and opera i have the error: ERR_INTERNET_DICONNECTED

Please help!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-23 131251.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-23 131251.png
    240.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2024-05-23 131452.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-23 131452.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 15
Ideas? Can you access local IP's (with IP address number) from browser? Can you access a Public Web Site with it's IP address from browser, (try 8.8.8.8 maybe).

Hi! Thanks for getting into this mubo jumbo...
No, i can't..Which is strange because in the same XRDP session using a grafical termnal running elinks it works!
N.B. No proxy is defined anywere

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-24 163301.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-24 163301.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 2
Firstly the browser should probably be trying to access http.... not https....... for those local IPs.

Secondly I would try an apt-get update & then an apt-get upgrade in the Ubuntu VM, maybe then the browser(s) will start working.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!