two nodes cluster with differents iscsi portals

Julian Lliteras

Jun 10, 2016
Hi

I have a two-node cluster up and running. My SAN storage (Dell MD3220i) have 4-port controller, and I attached one server in each port directly (without switch). Each storage port have one different portal, I can't reach the iscsi target with the same portal. In the proxmox environment, I noticed that I cannot share the iscsi defined connection because one node cannont reach storage by configuration.

My question is, shared iscsi storage must have the same portal? can I define one Iscsi storage connection for each node in any manner to share LVM defined on top?

I assume with direct connection with nodes and SAN I loss redundacy.

Thanks in advance,

Julian

Thanks Wolfgang

I saw this doc, but I miss something, because MP is indeed to offer several paths to same disk in a node. In my case, each node only had one path to same virtual disk (one NIC attached). In this situation, is imperative to mount MP in each node?

Regards,
Julian

Hi, I need do do the same thing. My proxmox cluster need to be connected to a 3par storage with 4 different ip. How can i configure the proxmox to use the 4 ips to connect to the volume et enable resiliency?
Thank you for your help.
Nicolas

Well, multipath should help here. Configure a shared storage with all the portals. Each node will only be able to reach it via its own path only (or paths), but globaly, evey node can access the same storage

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!