two logical volumes for same container

lethargos

Jun 10, 2017
Hi,
I backed up one of my lxc-containers and then I restored it with another VMID. After restoring it, I see that there are two disks (logical volumes) associated with the respective ID: /dev/mapper/pve-vm--3306--disk--1 and --2. The original container naturally has only one disk associated with it. I don't understand why that is. They are both the same size (138GB), but one only has 2.9GB used space, whereas the other (disk--2) 66GB. The original container takes about 68GB (maybe the sum of the two, but not sure, it's ±1GB).
Why is this happening?

If I write anything with the container, only disk--2 seems to be used.
Any ideas?
I'm using proxmox 4.4-13.

Hi,

Proxmox VE 4.4 is out of support please update to Proxmox VE 5.x

I can't momentarily, it's a production server, so I needed it to be up. Nonetheless, I'm sure the question is not directly related to the version of proxmox, as long as we're talking about lvm with lxc.

Last edited:
Sorry for taking this old thread out, but I have the same issue on the recent Proxmox. While searching for this problem, I stumbled across this thread and wanted to ask how this is fixable?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!