Tuxis launches free Proxmox Backup Server BETA service

Hi,

I just subscribed :)
2 backups of 3 vms (1 full and second incremental)
works as expected - very fast servers - first backup was done in 2-3 min - second less than 10s

Thanks for allowing us make external backups for free ;)

Ok thanks
So with encryption enabled, I guess it won't be easy to restore a dump from one particular cluster to another one connected to the same pbs.

Reactions: World Tech
Hi,
After rebooting a whole cluster (node by node), it is impossible to access the PBS.
Everything is up to date.

Sep 23 10:31:04 dc-prox-09 pveproxy[68324]: Clearing outdated entries from certificate cache
Sep 23 10:31:06 dc-prox-09 pveproxy[68323]: proxy detected vanished client connection
Sep 23 10:31:06 dc-prox-09 pveproxy[68323]: worker exit
Sep 23 10:31:08 dc-prox-09 pveproxy[44722]: proxy detected vanished client connection
Sep 23 10:31:10 dc-prox-09 pveproxy[44722]: proxy detected vanished client connection
Sep 23 10:31:10 dc-prox-09 pveproxy[49695]: proxy detected vanished client connection
Sep 23 10:31:26 dc-prox-09 pvestatd[2161]: status update time (37.271 seconds)
Sep 23 10:31:38 dc-prox-09 pvestatd[2161]: status update time (12.307 seconds)

Also, it is impossible via the GUI to browse other storages like Ceph, NFS, etc...

After removing the PBS everything works as expected.

The pvestatd is waiting for responses from PBS which was pretty slow earlier. We just tuned the ZFS filesystem a bit with a 'special' device and upgraded to 0.8-19 which seems to have improved webserver-responses a bit.

Hi,

Something is wrong this morning :

On 2 clusters with Tuxis PBS :

cluster1.jpg

The cluster seems to be OK - VMs are running normally

nothing interesting on syslog

1600929573172.png

OK, the pb is located on pvestatd....

pvestatd restart (reload) didn't work. I had to stop pvestatd and then start it on each node.

after that :
1600931106934.png

Yes, the singlethreadedness of pvestatd is a problem that causes lots of confusion. I'll create a PVE-bug for that.

As far as PBS is concerned, I see no signs of issues on that side. Logging continues as normal and statistics do not show storage or CPU to be very busy. Performance of the PBS seems to need improvement somewhere, but I cannot see how many clients are connected, which is kind of a nice feature to have. I'll create a feature request for that.

seems that pvestatd stopped working properly at 2:30 AM this morning on both clusters which are hosted on 2 different datacenters !!

Yes, that is indeed related.

It does seem that PBS was unreachable, but the weird thing is that the server is not complaining about anything...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!