[Tutorial] Mounting NFS share to an unprivileged LXC

Hi everyone. I'm quite new to Proxmox and maybe need some advice.
Mounting itself works fine with the tutorial, but no matter what I try, I get some permission errors when handing over the NFS shares to the LXC.
My mount options in OpenMediaVault contain anongid=101000,anonuid=101000, as I have a user inside the LXC with uid=1000(myuser) gid=1000(myuser).

Checking the mounted folder and its content with ls -ld gives me the information that the folder is owned by user nobody and user nogroup.

Maybe someone can give me a hint what I may have missed.

Hi everyone. I'm quite new to Proxmox and maybe need some advice.
Mounting itself works fine with the tutorial, but no matter what I try, I get some permission errors when handing over the NFS shares to the LXC.
My mount options in OpenMediaVault contain anongid=101000,anonuid=101000, as I have a user inside the LXC with uid=1000(myuser) gid=1000(myuser).

Checking the mounted folder and its content with ls -ld gives me the information that the folder is owned by user nobody and user nogroup.

Maybe someone can give me a hint what I may have missed.

My situation is somewhat similar, but not sure if related.

I am trying to map Synology NAS to unprivileged LXC to use with Jellyfin. Mapping on NODE works fine, I have all the permissions and full access:

Code:
root@pve:~# ls -l /mnt
total 32
drwxrwxrwx 7 1005 1005 4096 Aug 19 23:22 nfs_nas_data
drwxrwxrwx 7 1005 1005 4096 Aug 21 14:22 nfs_nas_downloads
drwxrwxrwx 7 1005 1005 4096 Aug 20 19:35 nfs_nas_media

Unfortunately, on LXC things goes wrong:

Code:
root@jellyfin:~# ls -l /mnt
total 24
d--------- 7 nobody nogroup 4096 Aug 19 20:22 data
d--------- 7 nobody nogroup 4096 Aug 21 11:22 downloads
d--------- 7 nobody nogroup 4096 Aug 20 16:35 media

I think all this Unprivileged_LXC_containers and this Understanding LXC UID Mappings mess is at fault and I cannot wrap my head around it for the second day. I am thinking about just dropping the unprivileged LXC idea and going to privileged. It is a home setup after all.

I am sure some very important step is missing in this tutorial, but I do not know what.

After some trial and error, I realized that the ownership problem of the folder is less important for me. I'm running Syncthing in the LXC, and as it is able to write to the share and I have no rights problems on other machines, I stopped looking deeper into this problem. Maybe it works because the folders inside the mount that I sync to have the proper rights attached to them.

Sorry that I cannot provide any help :confused:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!