Turnkey Observium container not working

grmg2010

May 12, 2022
Good morning,

I want to test running containers on my proxmox host. Therefore i decided to start with the Turnkey Observium container. Deploying was successfull, running the first start dialog aswell.
My problem is, even the container is still running, none of the web services are reachable (Observium, MySQL). The network connection seems to work, its possible to ping from and to the container and access via SSH is working aswell.
It seems, all services which are necessary for it are not starting.
Does someone has any idea why the services ar not running as expected? On my websearch i just found issues with Observium aswell in the Turnkey container, not with deployment.

Regards

Well, it works for me : )
Are you certain your network setup is correct, and that you configured the container correctly?
Did you try http and https?
Is there any relevant information in the logs inside the container?

I hope so. Id dint made a lot of changes to the settings. Its runnung as priviged container and stored on a non-ZFS-storage- (I read ZFS may cause problems with some containers). After creation, i logged in the first time and went to the assistent. I skiped the turnkey account and mail part. Network access seems to be working due its reachable by ping and ssh from outside the host. Just all other webservices are not alive.

It seems there are some problems with the privileges:

May 16 11:36:38 TObservium systemd[1]: Starting MariaDB 10.3.27 database server...
May 16 11:36:38 TObservium systemd[210]: stunnel4@webmin.service: Failed to set up mount namespacing: Permission denied
May 16 11:36:38 TObservium systemd[210]: stunnel4@webmin.service: Failed at step NAMESPACE spawning /usr/bin/stunnel4: Permission denied
May 16 11:36:38 TObservium systemd[211]: mariadb.service: Failed to set up mount namespacing: Permission denied
May 16 11:36:38 TObservium systemd[211]: mariadb.service: Failed at step NAMESPACE spawning /usr/bin/install: Permission denied
May 16 11:36:39 TObservium systemd[215]: apache2.service: Failed to set up mount namespacing: Permission denied
May 16 11:36:39 TObservium systemd[215]: apache2.service: Failed at step NAMESPACE spawning /usr/sbin/apachectl: Permission denied

Please share your container config pct config <id>
Please also try with an unprivileged container. Is there a specific reason why you want to use a privileged one?

There was no specific reason for that. I tried using an unprevilged one aswell and it didnt worked. I set up such an container right now again and i did work now. Maybe last time i did something elwse wrong.

What can be the problem when its a privileged one?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!