[SOLVED] Trying to restore backup - no space left on device

andre85

Apr 16, 2024
Hi.

I'm trying to restore a backup of a container. Unfortunately it continuously fails.
It throws numerous errors like this:
Code:
tar: ./root/vaultwarden_mysql: Cannot mkdir: No space left on device

I've restored an older backup, which did work fine - but it doesn't contain all the necessary changes I've done in the past weeks.
But I noticed one thing: the harddrive of the successful backup is almost full.
So I believe that due to my recent changes, the HDD just filled too much and now the restore fails.

Is there any way to overcome this?
The configuration of the backup shows as following:
Code:
arch: amd64
cores: 1
features: nesting=1
hostname: webpages-docker
memory: 1024
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1,gw=192.168.178.1,hwaddr=BC:24:11:17:F7:CA,ip=192.168.178.201/24,type=veth
onboot: 1
ostype: debian
rootfs: local-lvm:vm-201-disk-0,size=10G
startup: order=6
swap: 512
unprivileged: 1

Can I somehow alter this, so it restores with a 20G drive rather than the 10G?

I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks
André

you can pass "--rootfs local-lvm:20" to "pct restore" to override the config entry from the backup. but please make sure you actually have enough space for that before trying!

Reactions: andre85

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!