Traffic of WebUI inside a cluster

gnome.gemini

Oct 17, 2011
Hi there,

when I log in to say host 1 how is the network traffic managed within proxmox when I want information about host 2?

I've deleted the network informations on host 2 for eth0. Cluster network is on eth1 VM's talk to each other on eth2. But when I connect to host 1 on eth0 I won't see any informations of host 2. So I believe the webui traffic on the cluster is not done through configurated cluster network?

What I want to archive is:
- host's are only connected to eth1 via 10gbit
- all VM inter-traffic is on eth2 via 10gbit
- routing VM on eth0 via 1gbit
- hosts accessible through routing vm (webpanel 8006) and via eth2

But I fear when I configure this setup and connect to host 1 the panel can't see host 2, right?

Would be nice, if someone can clarify on this.

the web interface (pveproxy) of node1 proxies requests to the web interface of node2 (both on port 8006). some privileged requests then get proxied further to pvedaemon on localhost. the cluster file system has nothing to with this, it gets synchronized with corosync (using multicast traffic by default).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!