Tracking center does not read all the mail.log file

bougatoyta

Jun 8, 2021
HI,

Due to an agressive logrotate we had a rotation a bit to soon in the mail.log file
I've unzipped older mail log and put every log in the same mail.log file

But pmg only show what was in the rotatef mail.log (ie nothing before 13/06/2023 midnight, I get a "no data in database")

Does the tracking center read mail.info maybe instead of mail.log ?

Is there a database to delete to force the re-creation ?

Regards

Does the tracking center read mail.info maybe instead of mail.log ?
the Tracking Center/pmg-log-tracker uses /var/log/syslog (and rotated variants up to /var/log/syslog.31.gz) as source of information - not mail.log (or mail.info)

It also does not create/maintain a database, but reads the info from the syslog-files when needed

I hope this helps!

the Tracking Center/pmg-log-tracker uses /var/log/syslog (and rotated variants up to /var/log/syslog.31.gz) as source of information - not mail.log (or mail.info)

It also does not create/maintain a database, but reads the info from the syslog-files when needed

I hope this helps!
Thanks for your answer.

Sadly my PMG did not read the .gz files, so I ended up recreating a syslog file and importing every thing in this file, idk why it did not read the rotated file

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!