TOKEN

badji

Renowned Member
Jan 14, 2011
Bonjour,
Just a note on the TOKEN authentication module which arrives on the future version of Proxmoxve.
This is a good step forward in authentication with external platforms like consul-Vault and Freeipa...
It is used with K8S, DCOS, MESOS ...
Thanks to the development team.

Reactions: Alwin and Dominic
Do you have any use case for it?

Bonjour,
Proxmox allows me to create multi-hpc or multi-Paas in vms on the same physical platform. Each department will have its HPC, PAAS, CAAS ... If my deployment I do it directly on my physical servers I could only create one.
Example HPC with DCOS / MESOS. The commercial version directly integrates Vault for cts security. The fact that I deploy the open-source versions in vms-centos on proxmoxve, I must create freeipa or vault vms for the management of the security of the neuds of each hpc (each domain) in addition to securing all the containers which will be deployed later as services on the paas dcos / mesos.
But if the management of Tokens can be done directly on proxmox it will be easy and even better. No more need for Freeipa or Vault to manage the security of each domain. The Token system built into Proxmox can do that. If you need further explanation, I can provide you with a demo on my POC remotely.

https://medium.com/mobileforgood/se...-os-with-hashicorps-vault-part-3-9333c375bec0

Merci.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-25 Secure Credential Management on a Budget DC OS with HashiCorp’s Vault — ...png
    Screenshot_2020-02-25 Secure Credential Management on a Budget DC OS with HashiCorp’s Vault — ...png
    95.8 KB · Views: 19
So, this basically removes the freeIPA setup for you. :) Glad to hear your use case.

Reactions: badji

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!