[SOLVED] The host shell and 2FA barcode appear strangely

Gyari

Nov 28, 2020
Hello!

First os all, i'm a total newbie here and with proxmox. I just built a PC and wanted to try proxmox.

So if i'm selecting my node and selecting >_Shell, or if i go to my settings and choosing Two Factor Authentication, i can see something, but i think it is not what i should see. Please see the attached pictures. I think it is something obvious, but i couldn't find any thread or help with this problem, probebly i just don't know how should i search. Please forgive me! By the way if i choose the NoVNC or Spice under the >_Shell button they are working fine, and i can see the shell in a separate window. But not with xterm.js. And there is the faulty barcode... I hope there is someone who could help me out!

I'm using an ASRock X399 Taichi MoBo, with an AMD Threadripper 1920x and an Asus GT710-SL-1GD5 videocard. Proxmox 6.3.

Thanks any help you can provide!

Attachments

• 2FA2.jpg
    2FA2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 15
  • Shell.png
    Shell.png
    100 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
by any chance do you use firefox 83 on ubuntu?

can you try a different browser?

by any chance do you use firefox 83 on ubuntu?

can you try a different browser?
Thanks for your reply!

I'm using ParrotOS Home 4.10 (updated to the latest release), and Firefox 83.0 indeed. I've tried it under Android Mobile Firefox 68.11.0 and under Debian Buster using Firefox 78.4.1esr and it worked on both platform. Should i still try it under different browser? Is there something with Firefox 83.0? Sometimes on the tab of the webpage the proxmox icon does not show in the correct way too.

The problem was that the canvas data was not enabled. Enabling it on the left end of the address bar to give the site an exception for canvas manipulation, or turning off the privacy.resistFingerprinting.randomDataOnCanvasExtract in the about:config page, the images will work again.

Reactions: dcsapak

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!