System.TimeoutException at System.IO.Pipes.NamedPipeClientStream.Connect on Windows guest

gestrade

Jul 6, 2023
Hi community,
It is very strange. I setup 2 VM, one inside VMWare player on my labtop, the other in my proxmox cluster. I'm using the same Windows10 ISO image. Both VM works just fine. I installed the same software on both VM and it works fine with the VMWare VM but not with the proxmox VM. On my proxmox VM, the software take a very long time to start. On his log file, there is a lot of error with named pipes connection timeout :
System.TimeoutException: Le délai d'attente de l'opération a expiré. à System.IO.Pipes.NamedPipeClientStream.Connect(Int32 timeout).

I tried do disable ballon service, quemu agent but that change nothing. I have others software who works just fine on both VM. That's crasy, why this software doesn't works with my proxmox VM ? I followed the Windows 10 guest best practices for the installation.

Any idea?
Thanks for your help.

Is it possible my issue is due to virtio errors ? How can I check that ? Is there some log files ?

Thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!