syslog appliance

kelargo

Apr 16, 2009
a server dedicated to collecting syslog events for various devices- i.e. hosts, routers, switches. syslog-ng seems to be a good application to base such an appliance upon.

regards

I want a syslog server like full version, is there any freeware syslog servers?Need to use it to log security events on my 871 cisco router.

another alternative here -

Check Out Splunk - the free version will allow you to catalog up to 500mb of data per day - very easy to search ...

There are a few tricks to making it secure since the free version is not password protected. . .

pretty simple to install and run

Hi i suggest have an option to use the syslog in the hd...When i bought a old pc it cames with 2gb hd at least... so i use 40 mb and waste the rest of the hd space... I dont have a syslog server and is to complicated to have one that fills my espectatives... So why not use the syslog in the hd?Could be an intersting option for the future of brazilfw...regards.

Given that Debian Lenny comes standard with rsyslog, I don't see the point in creating a specific syslog appliance.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!