sync group vm failed: error trying to connect: error connecting - tcp connect error: deadline has elapsed

Oh my, that is an absolutely hilarious oversight on my side. Deeply apologise for wasting your time!! Is there some sort of cache before send option?
np, atm you either need to have a direct route to the PBS system, or backup your routing VM to a local instance of PBS and sync that to the remote one.

the upcoming qemu 5.2 release might/should fix this (at least for snapshot-mode), but that will take a little bit until it has been tested and hit the repos - you might want to wait for that and re-check before implementing alternative solutions ;)

the upcoming qemu 5.2 release might/should fix this (at least for snapshot-mode), but that will take a little bit until it has been tested and hit the repos - you might want to wait for that and re-check before implementing alternative solutions ;)

Ahh, that is amazing news. I ended up just implementing a local pbs, then synching with the remote. But would be amazing to simplify in the future :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!