Swapping CDROM while KVM running

Guy

Renowned Member
Jan 15, 2009
m0guy.com
I need to swap CDs while the KVM is still running. If I do this via the GUI it doesn't seem to take effect.

How should I be doing this?

Cheers,
--Guy

I need to swap CDs while the KVM is still running. If I do this via the GUI it doesn't seem to take effect.

How should I be doing this?

Cheers,
--Guy

should work. try eject inside the VM and then click 'apply' again on the hardware tab on the web interface. what OS do you use for your VM?

Yeah that's the hard part..

I was using the rebelefi_latest.iso to boot up the virtual to then try and install snow Leopard.

the rebelefi boots and then asks me to swap CD, when I do it in the GUI the change never seems to take effect.

--Guy

Yeah that's the hard part..

I was using the rebelefi_latest.iso to boot up the virtual to then try and install snow Leopard.

the rebelefi boots and then asks me to swap CD, when I do it in the GUI the change never seems to take effect.

--Guy

It works if you install windows or linux, I never tested what you are trying here.

Do you think that leopard will work on KVM? did you try using two cd rom´s, so you do not need to swap the cd?

Hello. I am have same problem when try install a linux (KVM)
How to change a cd via monitor. I try to write

qm> eject
eject: block device name expected

What is the name of the device to write or where it can find?

Hi there !

I'm facing the same problem with leopard...

Does anyone has found a solution to the swapping cd problem ?

Thank you

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!