Supporting Proxmox but perhaps not with an existing support subscription

krikey

Aug 15, 2018
UK
I wonder how popular a lower priced subscription would be and whether Proxmox would consider such a thing?

I've been using the non-enterprise version for years and I know that many will simply say "just buy a years support subscription".

I'd really like to see the option to donate a nominal amount either as a one-off or month, perhaps $5, $10, $20, $50 which is simply a "thank you" to all the staff at Proxmox and perhaps to pay for a coffee or two (as many sites like to say).

I've raised this before but I wondered if people would now be interested?

I'd really like to see the option to donate a nominal amount either as a one-off or month, perhaps $5, $10, $20, $50 which is simply a "thank you" to all the staff at Proxmox and perhaps to pay for a coffee or two (as many sites like to say).
The company appears to have a European bank account. Maybe put "thank you" and "donation" in the payment description?
EDIT: This was the reply from Proxmox staff to the previous thread about this.

Last edited:
Reactions: krikey
I could do that, and thank you. But if their accounts department are anything like any other I know, random $$$ going in with cryptic "thank you" messages will likely cause more issues and wasted time than the small donation itself.

It would be great to get an official line on whether we could use these bank details for donations?

I could do that, and thank you. But if their accounts department are anything like any other I know, random $$$ going in with cryptic "thank you" messages will likely cause more issues and wasted time than the small donation itself.
Agreed.

It would be great to get an official line on whether we could use these bank details for donations?
Is this possible for companies to have donations to the company? From the company to others is no problem and also loweres your tax. I think that the reason there is currently no way to do that is already proof that it is not that easy to do that. Maybe they can sell overpriced swag, but that would also buy none and probably just cost them money.

There was a way to donate money but no one used it for years, so they removed it.
It probably costs more money to pay someone to maintain it, than what you actually receive by donations...

If you want to help you could answer some simple threads in this forum. The more threads are solved by the community, the less the Proxmox team need to help, the more time they got to add some nice new features or to help with the more difficult problems where really deep understanding of the code is needed.

Or tell your friends about Proxmox products.
Or search for bugs and report them in the bug tracker.
Or in case you can code, you could contribute and send in some patches.

So there are a lot of ways to help, even when you can't spend a lot of money.

Last edited:
Reactions: krikey and LnxBil

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!