[SOLVED] Supermicro X11DPi-NT NIC X722 Firmware NVM Update

monoblock

Mar 2, 2022
Germany
Hello,
i have a fresh installed PVE 7.3 on my Supermicro X11DPi-NT Mainboard with 2x X722 NICs 10GB-T RJ-45 LOM (LAN on Manboard).
Sometimes the Adapter go down and lost Network for several seconds, then reconnect.

I have read about Problems with X722 Network Adapters.
There is a Solution, it has to Upgrade the NVM X722 Firmware to newer Version. (my Version is 3.33)

I have found a tutorial on how to update the firmware, but cant find the Firmware anywere. Wait for reply from Supermicro.
https://www.thomas-krenn.com/de/wiki/Supermicro_X11DPi-NT_NIC_Firmware_Update

Is anyone here and can Provide the Firmware: 3.51 + 4.11 and 5.50 ? Thanks for Help

Last edited:
Hi! I also have issues with X722 NICs on X11DPi-NT MB, it would be great if someone could share the Firmware Update tool. Supermicro support haven't replied me yet. As far as I know, tools from Intel website are not compatible with onboard controllers on Supermicro motheboards, so there are few places to get the right tool.

Reactions: k0ste
For X722, version 5.50
https://box.supermicro.com/index.php/s/PjYB3dZnwFgXWtp
Password: Ct5eTcEU

Code:
esxcli network nic get -n vmnic7
   Advertised Auto Negotiation: true
   Advertised Link Modes: Auto, 10000BaseT/Full
   Auto Negotiation: true
   Backing DPUId: N/A
   Cable Type: DA
   Current Message Level: 0
   Driver Info:
         Bus Info: 0000:b7:00:3
         Driver: i40en
         Firmware Version: 5.50 0x80003351 1.3082.0
         Version: 2.1.5.0
   Link Detected: true
   Link Status: Up
   Name: vmnic7
   PHYAddress: 0
   Pause Autonegotiate: false
   Pause RX: false
   Pause TX: false
   Supported Ports: DA
   Supports Auto Negotiation: true
   Supports Pause: true
   Supports Wakeon: true
   Transceiver:
   Virtual Address: 00:50:56:53:f2:1c
   Wakeon: MagicPacket(tm)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!