Suggestion - Continue using proxmox during iso upload to local storage

n01k

Nov 13, 2019
Ontario Canada
tweakmyskills.it
Hello Proxmox, I am presenting a suggestion if a solution for this does not exist.

I have a few ISOs that I will be uploading locally to my node and during this 4-10gb transfer, I am unable to do anything within the interface as the upload screen.

I have an Abort button, which I don't want to do. I do have the "close aka X" at the top right of the window. Initially I thought that clicking the X would allow the task to continue on in the background but it does not. My tasks list doesn't even show the .iso upload to storage.

Is there a way to actually show progress and minimize the progress to continue working in the background? If not, would anybody else find this convenient?

Another option would be to upload the ISO's via sftp (assuming you are running ProxMox on Linux), this will keep your webinterface clean

Or it could move to the background and do the transfer there. As Filezilla and WinSCP have that option as well. It is a bummer that you cant use the webinterface when uploading images. Lets say you have a slow upload speed and upload a 30GB file to Proxmox, you would have to wait a long time until you can continue your work. Yes you can use another TAB in your browser, but why? Why not simply put it in the background?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!