Storage Directory Bug

sshanee

Oct 6, 2019
Ive been using directory storage to mount folders from a zfs raid10 zvol for ISO and backups for a couple years now and it worked fine. Now it displays 19gb max storage capacity which is my root partition..

Ive tried remaking the storage directory and rebooting. Same deal. Something has broken.

If i let the backup run, it fills my local storage (Not sure the path its writing to) and all my backups are gone. Ive manually looked in the path and there are no files in the dump directory. ISOs also gone.

Running latest non subscription version. Fully updated. Everything else is working normally and zfs storage for example works fine when added.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200928-012121_TeamViewer.jpg
    Screenshot_20200928-012121_TeamViewer.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20200928-013332_TeamViewer.jpg
    Screenshot_20200928-013332_TeamViewer.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
that sounds like some dataset was not mounted at boot.. check 'zfs list -o name,mountpoint,mounted' and consider setting the 'is_mountpoint' setting on your directory according to your setup, once you fixed the situation.

Is this the output you expected? Why would this change from the previous working behavior?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200928-121019_TeamViewer.jpg
    Screenshot_20200928-121019_TeamViewer.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 4
yeah, your backup dataset is not mounted. you need to temporarily disable the storage, then move the contents of /Raid/Proxmox-Backups/ somewhere else if you want to keep them, then run
'zfs mount -a', then enable the storage again. I would then suggest to set 'is_mountpoint: 1' on the Backups storage, so if it happens again the storage will be recognized as not active.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!