Stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDELD with param -hypervisor

bigsk

Jul 3, 2022
I have a problem while i set a Windows 11 VM with GPU passthrough on my PVE platform.

I want to install windows 11 on my old PC but my old PC has no TPM module so I installed PVE and created a VM with virtual TPM module
and I successfully installed Windows 11 on it.

But when I want to play genshin impact on it, the game told me that it cold not be run in a vm
so I added param -hypervisor in vm configure file to hide vm to the OS.

It actually works for A TIME. When I try to reboot or start it again, It has a blue screen with stop code SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDELD.
Now the only method to solve it (temporarily) is remove the -hypervisor param and then start vm,
after that turn off the vm then added it back to configure file again
then it can work but only this boot.
When I want to boot the vm again or reboot the os, it will have blue screen with same stop code again.

How could I solve it? Why it happened? Is that a deliberate restriction?
My hardware:
1656856073765.png
My configure:
1656856133983.png

Hi,

hum ... Upgrading you BIOS firmware is the best solution for stop this kind of errors... :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!