Statistics - Receiver - "No data"

Walhalla

Jan 26, 2018
Hi,
there is no data viewable -> "No data in database" only. How to resolve and see what has happened?

Thanks for your help.

Walhalla

Attachments

• screen_prox_statistic.jpg
    screen_prox_statistic.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 51
  1. Make sure that you have enable the "Configuration/Options: Use advanced statistic filter"
  2. And check if your incoming emails arrive on the external SMTP port
And of course, you need receive emails.

ad 1. It is (already was) set to "Yes"
ad 2. I dont understand ... usually the external SMTP-Port is 25 (if you want to receive email ;). Where else should they come in? ->

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:25 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 18873/master
tcp 0 0 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:25 YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY:33487 TIME_WAIT

ad 3. YES, lots of emails where received ... :)

Thanks

ad 1. It is (already was) set to "Yes"
ad 2. I dont understand ... usually the external SMTP-Port is 25 (if you want to receive email ;). Where else should they come in? ->

In most setups with a lot of internal email servers it much easier to tell the central firewall on ONE place to redirect the internet SMTP trafic from 25 to 26 on the Mail Gateway.

And you can now use port 25 for outgoing traffic, and you do not have to modify MULTIPLE internal emails server, they can stay on port 25.

There are still mail server used, which even cannot be configured to another SMTP port than 25, e.g older Microsoft Exchange Servers.

I am out of ideas but as you did already a lot of changes under the hood, maybe there is something broken with your modifications.

I am out of ideas but as you did already a lot of changes under the hood, maybe there is something broken with your modifications.

Lucky guy :))) It didnt work with the frsh, untouched installation too. But I use to resolve first myself. Now i am trying to resolve all the open points I couldnt resolve myself. Just trying out the Mail Gateway, the pro/cons. At the end it is not up to me to decide if we change from EFAs to your gateways. Have to try to resolve the whishes / requirements - resuming with my opinion ...

Will make another fresh installation and see if it is working there. But as i said: did never work. But this was not the most important point on the list ;)

Thanks Walhalla

1. Make sure that you have enable the "Configuration/Options: Use advanced statistic filter"
  2. And check if your incoming emails arrive on the external SMTP port
And of course, you need receive emails.

If "Advanced statistics" are activated, only receivers which are also sending emails via the gateway are listed in the statistics.

If you want to see all receivers, please DISABLBE the advanced statistic filter.

Great! Thanks! The search for my error is solved with one click -> disabled what I've been told (Make sure that you have enable the "Configuration/Options: Use advanced statistic filter") and its working like a charm in 1 second! Thanks a lot for this hint (maybe worth one line in the manual to prevent others running in this trap too?!)

Just to know (if anybody has too much time): what is the difference of "advanced" and "normal" statistics. We use different machines for inbound/outbound everytime because of different rules / limitations / checks. So I will never see the "advanced" statistics. What do they show more? Can see nearly everything interesting for investigation of errors (even the spam score, which would be great to have in the Tracking Center too (just an idea .... nice to have :)

Thanks for the help!!!

Walhalla

Just to know (if anybody has too much time): what is the difference of "advanced" and "normal" statistics. We use different machines for inbound/outbound everytime because of different rules / limitations / checks. So I will never see the "advanced" statistics. What do they show more?

They filter out inactive users (user who do not send mails). This is very convenient most times, but not usable if you do not send outgoing mails using the same server.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!