Statistics for mails through sasl authenticated clients

Jacky Li

Jan 15, 2019
Hi,

I setup up sasl authenticated for relayed emails for clients after successful authentication on the promox mail. It works fine but I can't seem to find mail statistics for the delivered emails on the untrusted SMTP port 25. I can see the mail in the Tracking Center and the Hourly Distrubution under Statistics also shows that's an email transaction. If I point the outgoing mail on the trusted SMTP port 26, I can see the Sender, Receiver, and Contacts in the Statistics.

I understand that port 26 sends the email to port 10023 while port 25 sends them to port 10024 for filtering. Afterward, both of the 10023 and 10024 sends it to 10025.

Does the Statistics section collects information on the incoming mail port 25? Looks like it does for port 26. I am sorry I am not too keen with postfix stuff and the documentation on the Statistics section is a bit lacking. Thank you very much.

Jacky

Hi,

Sorry, probably my bad configuration. I should leave port 25 alone for email server to server communication while submission for client to server. I turned to submission port and I can see the statistics.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!