statistic / roadmap

robvoi

Apr 17, 2007
Hi.

Again a few questions:

1. Are rejected mails reflected in any statistic?
2. Is there a time line for the road map you state on your homepage?

Thanks
Robert

Hi.

Again a few questions:

1. Are rejected mails reflected in any statistic?

yes, see Administration/Statistics - what do you miss?

2. Is there a time line for the road map you state on your homepage?

not yet, but development of most parts already started.

yes, see Administration/Statistics - what do you miss?

not yet, but development of most parts already started.

Didn't see the bounces first. Well, they are in.
Really looking forward to the reporting and the Mail tracking center.

Robert

A short question:

Are bounced mails counted in the "mail domain/address statistics"?

Thanks
Robert

A short question:

Are bounced mails counted in the "mail domain/address statistics"?

Thanks
Robert
hi,
only graphical, see the statistics/graphics,

Hi,

Am I right to assume that the statistics for blocked mail don't include those rejected at the smtp level? When I first set Proxmox up last week, we were getting hundreds of blocked emails per hour, but after changing the Mail Proxy Configuration to Reject Unknown Clients, Senders, and Recipients, total mail volume has been reduced by a factor of 8 or so.

If the rejected smtp traffic is not in the statistics, is there any way to get the number of rejected senders, clients, and mails to invalid recipients? I think this would make convincing the management to purchase the full version a little easier.

Thanks,

Ahmad

Hi,

Am I right to assume that the statistics for blocked mail don't include those rejected at the smtp level? When I first set Proxmox up last week, we were getting hundreds of blocked emails per hour, but after changing the Mail Proxy Configuration to Reject Unknown Clients, Senders, and Recipients, total mail volume has been reduced by a factor of 8 or so.

If the rejected smtp traffic is not in the statistics, is there any way to get the number of rejected senders, clients, and mails to invalid recipients? I think this would make convincing the management to purchase the full version a little easier.

Thanks,

Ahmad

Hi,

Currently Greylisted and SPF rejects are reflected in the statistics. all other SMTP rejects are not counted. We plan to count them in one of the upcoming versions but it is not fixed yet.

now, you can just count the rejects in the log files per day (on the console using grep):

example: count the word "reject" in the logfiles from yesterday

Code:
grep "reject" /var/log/syslog.0 |wc -l

Hi Tom,

The grep output will be just fine for my purposes.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Ahmad

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!