Starting VMs after crash of one node

xrisse

Hi,

i've got a two node cluster. if one node crashes, how can i start the virtual machines from crashed node on the other node?
btw, where can i found some documentations about all pve-commands and for what they are? in the man-pages there ist everywhere a link to proxmox.com, but the wiki tells nothing about commline tools :-(

Hi,

i've got a two node cluster. if one node crashes, how can i start the virtual machines from crashed node on the other node?
btw, where can i found some documentations about all pve-commands and for what they are? in the man-pages there ist everywhere a link to proxmox.com, but the wiki tells nothing about commline tools :-(

HA is on our roadmap, available for 2.x. (no release date fixed in the case you wanna know it)

which command description do you miss? (I know, docu can always be better, but as its a wiki feel free to add missing parts).

until version 2.x is released, i want to help myself with a little script. i'll try to explain:
- node1 with vm 101 crashes
- on node2 i want to activate the logocal volume of vm 101 and register the vm on node2. after that i can start it via webgui.

is it possible? and how can i to it with your commandline tools or you perl-modules?
thats what i mean with the documentation. there are no commandline-tools described at the wiki. the only commandline example i found in the wiki was at the cluster-article.
i already collected some commands with some cool combinations of parameters (extracted from your perl-code) and i will post it soon... ;-)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!